Re: [Asrg] Darwin's War

2003-04-29 21:27:15
On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 23:39:16 -0400
Kee Hinckley <nazgul(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com> wrote:

Not if you are doing content markers.  You need a way to tell them
that the marker is wrong.  But for 90% of the user's I think you are
probably right.

As kids were taught to say, "Excuse me," before interrupting, or in
fact, before speaking to any adult we didn't know personally.  (Okay,
you might not have been, but I was.)

Can't the same pattern be applied to email?

Before you can send a message to someone you don't know, you have to
receive their consent.  No consent request, and consent granting, means
no message is delivered to the end-user.  Finis.  The grant can even be
handled automatically by the MUA.

--
J C Lawrence
claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu               He lived as a devil, eh?