Re: [Asrg] Darwin's War

2003-04-29 18:51:11
At 4:55 PM -0600 4/29/03, Vernon Schryver wrote:
 > From: Kee Hinckley <nazgul(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com>

 >In the long run, any white-listing mark, flag, or certificate must
 >not indicate merely "probably not spam" but "mail I really want to
 >receive."  Any marker that says "this mail I'd be happy or just content
 >to skip" is doomed.

 So would a marker that stated the type of mail (e.g. transactional
 vs. informational) be valuable?

I doubt I understand "transactional vs. informational" and flatter myself
that if I don't understand, then neither will enough users to matter.

My guess is that whatever those categories are, they don't matter.
The mail I want to read does not fit in any simple box that senders
can understand.  Many transactions such as "your winning lottery ticket

Okay. Then what kind of marker would indicate that a message is something you want to receive? Assume for a minute that if they lie, you get to have them drawn and quartered--so there's sufficient oomph to keep it accurate.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.