Re: [Asrg] Darwin's War

2003-04-29 01:34:22
How long until being on the ESPC list becomes a spamassasin token?
Any bets?

Any list of "Aproved" senders will become a tool for filtration.

The problem with filters of any sort is that they force adaptation in unexpected directions. If the TRULY obvious mail were allowed though filters, I would have an easy time deleting them, and spammers would start to evolve towards the path of least resistance. I am afraid though that filters have already done their damage, and the "it's me" type email is here to stay.

Any type of system that prevents a whole class of expression is doomed to have a revolution. To supress revolution give the people what they want, but ensure that you have control.

Let all "ADV:" mail through and into inbox2, and you will see email become less of a problem over time. Inbox2 can be easily deleted by the user. why the user? see above.

Oh well, people outside this list like my ideas.
John Fenley