Re: [Asrg] A New Plan for No Spam / DNSBLS

2003-04-29 18:34:24
On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 03:34:17PM -0400, Kee Hinckley wrote
At 9:21 PM -0600 4/28/03, Vernon Schryver wrote:
I tried to not attack your character by not attributing your words
to you.  Regardless of your sterling character, your words are
exactly what the professional bulk mailers say when they've been
caught spamming.

Of course.  They are trying to act innocent.  But assuming that
everyone who claims to be innocent is in fact a spammer is a bit far
fetched.

It's nice that you've never had your email blocked.  I can assure you
that I've not had the same wonderful experience.

  Adults are allowed to take risks.  They're allowed to put their life's
savings into the stock market or a business, and risk losing much or all
of it.  Adults should also be allowed to make those same tradeoffs (risk
of legitimate email loss in return for reward of a spam-free inbox) with
their choice of ISP or spam-blocking method.  People who barge in and
yell and scream that their email *MUST* go through face an uphill
struggle for credibility.  Don't blame the people who view your demands
with suspicion, blame the spammers who have been making the same demands
for the past few years.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)waltdnes(_dot_)org>
Email users are divided into two classes;