Re: [Asrg] Proposal for transition to authenticated email

2003-05-01 14:24:06
From: "David Koblas" <koblas(_at_)mailfrontier(_dot_)com>
I've been reading this discussion for a while and I have one core
question,
which is why is this an "antispam certificate".  At the end of the day,
we've all got a slightly different idea of what is and isn't acceptable as
message (yes, there is a very large common ground).

Why not focus on Verifiable/Validated senders and let other systems worry
about the policy for specific senders.  It strikes me that it would be
easy
to have a system that adds a single new header "ValidatedSender:
user(_at_)isp(_dot_)com; ...stuff including signature..."  Then other systems
could
make a policy decision based on that _verifiable_ header.

By itself, it doesn't mean anything.  Every spammer will insert it on their
own and send through an open relay.  A spammer could have 10,000 accounts on
hotmail and each one would be a legitimate hotmail account.