Re: [Asrg] seeking comments on new RMX article

2003-05-06 22:30:44

JCL> You are attempting to recreate top-down authority structures when the
JCL> natural (and proper?) tendency of the field in normal legitimate use
JCL> is for self-authenticating/identifying nodes, not external nomination
JCL> systems.

J.C.,

But RMX isn't top-down at all!  Each domain configures its own RMX
records, on its own name servers, to authenticate its own outgoing mail.
There is no new central authority.  I'm not sure what you mean by
"external nomination system."

JCL> Now, can we move on to digging out a proposal which has a chance of
JCL> being useful instead of beating dead horses?

With all due respect, I think it's the fastest horse of the bunch right
now.  But my mind is open--please feel free to suggest others.  I'm
willing to weigh merits.

Mike