Re: [Asrg] Could/Should/Must law require mechanism?

2003-05-21 04:58:49
The term "pollution" is distracting.

I don't agree.  It is precise - spam IS pollution.  And the historical
analogy is accurate.

Consider where the claim which cites some hypothetical ASRG work product,
not this one, is evaluated. Is it an institution which draws elements of
administrative law, or leading cases from the EPA or from the FCC, to use
one jurisdiction as an example?

Is "analogy" useful to the expert (ASRG work-product consumer, "this").

Personally, I think interpretation is a problem for the practitioner to
solve, when the circumstances require interpretation at all.

Personally, I don't see any value in abandoning the familiar communications
terms of signal-to-noise, etc.

the "vluntary cooperation" part is correct.

See rfc954, note the DCA mandates for TAC and home directory access to that
net. There were others.

In any event, the text is its author's.

Eric