Re: [Asrg] Nothing will stop spam???

2003-07-03 10:44:41
Yes...yes...yes!

Bob Wyman wrote:

Selby Hatch wrote:
We can discuss server authentication, sender accountability,
SMTP extensions, SMTP replacement, GIEIS, SPF, C/R, Reverse DNS, HTML mail blocking, greylisting, etc. forever. We need to simply require proof of consent.

        Precisely. Excellent comment. Providing a method to explicitly
express and managee consent will drastically simplify the entire
problem. Fortunately, the mechanisms for accomplishing this are fairly
well understood and can be deployed initially without requiring
modification to fundamental protocols like SMTP and POP.

                bob wyman