Re: [Asrg] 3. Requirements - Non Spam must go through

2003-07-20 16:16:38
From: "Scott Nelson" <scott(_at_)spamwolf(_dot_)com>
At 12:01 PM 7/20/03 -0700, Mark Ferguson wrote:
...>
>I attempted to actually give a real world definition to spam a while
>back and it was met with both negative and positive reviews.

This avowed purpose of this group is researching mechanisms to express consent.

Attempting to discuss definitions of spam isn't just off topic
for this group, it's /expressly/ off topic.

Perhaps, by this logic, even defining consent constitutes a once removed definition of spam.

A possible solution, then, is to ignore all definitions because there may be some qualities that are not possible to implement.

Instead perhaps we should focus on what is possible, then build systems using those known things in much the way that a complex program is built from basic libraries.

This would mean that definitions of consent, spam, and anything else would be tied to the implementation, and would vary from system to system. Definitions need never be mentioned.

Perhaps expanding and refining a list of the possible would help us to create a comprehensive set of tools to aid in the creation of a complete system.

John Fenley
www.Choicelist.com