Re: [Asrg] 6. Email Path Verification (hashcash benchmarks)

2003-09-14 19:56:31
Brad Knowles wrote:

At 2:06 AM +0100 2003/09/15, Jonathan Morton wrote:

 I personally think that nearly all ISPs, especially those with a
 large proportion of newbies, should delete directly-executable
 attachments without question.

There, I must disagree very strongly. Plenty of people in this world have reason to be mailing attachments around, although I'm opposed to their using e-mail as a replacement for proper file-transfer technologies for large attachments.

Yes, I agree that there should be some default controls to make this sort of stuff less dangerous, but I am most certainly not convinced that they should be deleting directly executable attachments unless expressly asked to do so.

This would be a good topic for coverage in the BCP for service providers.

And BCP for MUA authors.