Re: [Asrg] 6. Email Path Verification (hashcash benchmarks)

2003-09-14 20:19:30
 I personally think that nearly all ISPs, especially those with a
 large proportion of newbies, should delete directly-executable
 attachments without question.

There, I must disagree very strongly. Plenty of people in this world have reason to be mailing attachments around, although I'm opposed to their using e-mail as a replacement for proper file-transfer technologies for large attachments.

Attachments, yes. Executables, no. Executables wrapped in an archive are quite a lot less dangerous than bare ones.

This would be a good topic for coverage in the BCP for service providers.

And BCP for MUA authors.

Agree on both counts.