Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - Creative Addressing

2003-10-02 13:11:28
You mention that the draft lacks "beef", well before it was a lot better
in my opinion, but the RFC Editor didn't like it, so i revised it to make
it more compact and more direct. Now that I think about it, the host-based
portion is only logical when there are few enough users to actually be
able to configure each sub-domain by hand. On a larger scale, such as for
ISPs the hypened or dotted notations would make more sense.

The point of the draft is more of to make the proccess of sorting and
deleting SPAM easier than to block specific senders. I personally have my
sub-domain manually specified and have my server allowing the nobody alias
to function (but the server is making a log of what incoming addresses are
used in case that needs to change), and then any address that gets spammed
is specified manually as an alias and pointed to a seperate SPAM account
which i skim over about once a week. The procedure that the draft
specifies is by no means a 100% cure for SPAM, but in my implementations
for personal use and for about 50 other people it has been very effective.

Curtis