RE: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - Creative Addressing

2003-10-09 10:54:45
Kee Hinckley wrote:-
Throwaway addresses are based on the assumption that sending mail to
a non-existent address is "free".  It isn't.

I don't think so - I sometimes use throwaway addresses, and the
organisations that provide them are interested in collecting information
about spam; these throw-away addresses are a cheap way of collecting spam
samples - not a free way of doing that.

Of course this doesn't apply to the proposal we were asked to comment on,
which does seem to be based on the invalid assumption you refer to.

Tom