RE: 3. Requirements - Anonimity (was Re: FW: [Asrg] 0. General)

2003-10-29 07:28:31

I think that the requirements should state that proposal
authors should
address anonimity and privacy issues, not that they MUST
support anonimity.

This sounds like the right approach to me.

We are unlikely to have one size fits all solution, mechanisms
that support true anonymity are likely to be somewhat restrictive
in other ways.

I think we need to clarify the term however.

Anonymity
        End user anonymity
        ISP anonymity (why oh why would this be needed)

        Untraceable and unlinkable message (c.f. Chaum cash)
        Untraceable message

In most circumstances anonymity is not the core requirement, untraceability
is. Anyone can post as anonymous coward on slashdot, this is not what most
disidents want.

                Phill