RE: 3. Requirements - Anonimity (was Re: FW: [Asrg] 0. General)

2003-10-29 14:42:27
On Tuesday, October 28, 2003 6:10 PM, Hallam-Baker, Phillip
[SMTP:pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com] wrote:
8<...>8
End user anonymity is not an intrinsic problem, it is a problem for certain
proposed solutions. I dont believe that requirements should be fitted to
solutions.

I agree.  However, it is apropos to stipulate that requirements state how this
issue is addressed, IMHO.  This is not a constraint on any proposal, other than
to explicitly state how or whether it is 'handled' by the proposal.  IMO, it is
perfectly appropriate to state - '...this proposal is designed to preserve the
practical anonymity of MUA users...' OR, '...this proposal does not apply any
controls to address perceived accountability or anonymity...'.  I do not think
that represents any type of constraint.

-e