Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - Legal - Subject labelling (?)

2003-11-26 13:55:23
Eric S. Raymond wrote:

Yakov Shafranovich <research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com>:

I think they are referring to email standards. FTC comes up with a filtering plan and has to make sure it does not break email standards set up by the IETF.

Ah.  I read the paragraph differently.  The sense of it appears tto me that
the FTC, in discharging its duty, should seek IETF guidance on *anti-spam*
standards.

Well I am not sure then, lets see what the FTC says. I have spoken to our liasons at the FTC, and will forward their response to the group. I also contacted the IAB and the IESG/IETF, so they would be aware of this.

Yakov
-------
Yakov Shafranovich / PGP Key: 0x10D051E6 / www.shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / www.solidmatrix.com
"One who watches the wind will never sow, and one who keeps his eyes on the clouds will never reap" (Ecclesiastes 11:4)
-------