Re: [Asrg] Re: 6. Proposals - Standard Headers for Anti-Spam Systems

2003-11-26 14:36:23

I passed on the request. Meanwhile, I wanted to know, if standard
headers are used for this, then what will stop a spammer from injecting
those headers with a positive score into the message, and what would the
MUAs, MTAs and filters do in that case?

I'm interested in the topic, perhaps not to wrangle over it but at
least to have a standard way of identifying the filter program(s)
being used.  If there's already something in practical use, or some
current thinking on the subject, so much the better.  I was thinking
mostly of a meaningless "filtered-by" sort of label, but you mention a
score, for which there might be a more structured header or suite of
headers.  Personally I think that with a variety of ways of marking
scores (or in fact even having the concept of a "score"), it would be
hard to specify the a particular structure here.  Plus you might have
a message passing through multiple filters, each of which would want
to place its mark on the message without disturbing other such
marks (so you'd need a tuple of at least {agent, location, assessment}).

Anyway I don't mean to go off on details here.  I am interested should
it be discussed somewhere.

mm