Re: [Asrg] Re: 6. Proposals - Standard Headers for Anti-Spam Systems

2003-11-26 15:17:07
Mark E. Mallett <mem(_at_)mv(_dot_)mv(_dot_)com>:
I'm interested in the topic, perhaps not to wrangle over it but at
least to have a standard way of identifying the filter program(s)
being used.  If there's already something in practical use, or some
current thinking on the subject, so much the better.  I was thinking
mostly of a meaningless "filtered-by" sort of label, but you mention a
score, for which there might be a more structured header or suite of
headers.  Personally I think that with a variety of ways of marking
scores (or in fact even having the concept of a "score"), it would be
hard to specify the a particular structure here.  Plus you might have
a message passing through multiple filters, each of which would want
to place its mark on the message without disturbing other such
marks (so you'd need a tuple of at least {agent, location, assessment}).

Right.  I ran up against this while designing bogofilter.  The syntax you
want is something like this:

* Semicolon-separated fields

* Each field to consist of a agent(_at_)hostname:evaluation token

* the evaluation field to consist of comma-separated keyword=value

* The agent field should be versioned, so a real example should look like:

bogofilter-5(_dot_)23(_at_)thyrsus(_dot_)com:spam-probability=90%,forged_address=yes;