Re: [Asrg] 6. Propsals -- Labeling recommendations for the FTC

2003-11-26 09:47:27
On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 09:45:46AM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner(_at_)nic-naa(_dot_)net>:
Eric,

i18n/l10n.

Eric

I thought about it.

Yes, the keywords and ADV are English.  There are 4, count 'em 4 tokens;
with a vocabulary that small, the benefits of internationalization are
extremely dubious compared to the added complexity.

Would "ADV" matching be done before or after any charset conversion?

Also, would it be worth a sentence somewhere that says that the
existence of this I-D (or RFC) in no way endorses any particular
approach (I'm specifically thinking of the implication that suddenly
opt-out has been sanctified).

While I am here: is there a current practice of any sort for a
header that identifies the end-user filter program that the message
has passed through?  e.g.   "X-Filtered-By:  spamanoid version 3.2" ?
I seem to recall seeing one once, but haven't been able to locate it.

Yours,
-mm-