Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - Pull System (revisited)

2003-11-26 17:24:21
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:07:21 -0500
Yakov Shafranovich <research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com> wrote:

We are not talking about a notification system, rather we are talking
about having the *bulk* email content for things like mailing lists
delivered via RSS itself. A person would have a plug-in for his MUA
that checks periodically just like POP3 and have the option to reply
via email (Paul Judge mentioned in a different thread that these
programs already exist).

To state the obvious, this requires IP connectivity between the feed
site and the consumer, something that is frequently enough not true
currently.

--
J C Lawrence
claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu               He lived as a devil, eh?