Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - Pull System (revisited)

2003-11-26 16:08:21
Chris wrote:
this is a research group. we should research and then make
recommendations

This is an engineering workgroup, not a fantasy land workgroup.
The scope is
control of spam. Any protocol changes have to be feasible.

BEFORE you propose throwing out SMTP you have to explain exactly what is
wrong with it and the reason why incremental change is not possible.

Please re read my original post
I do not intend to throw out SMTP they are your words
pull *IS* smtp
with two extra steps outgoing request and incoming accept/deny
both can use the current infrastructure UNCHANGED

The question is how is going to help stem spam. That needs to be answered before going into minute details of implementation.

Yakov

-------
Yakov Shafranovich / PGP Key: 0x10D051E6 / www.shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / www.solidmatrix.com
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" (Lord Acton)
-------