Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - Legal - Subject labeling - FTC response

2003-12-02 11:12:30
Carl Malamud <carl(_at_)media(_dot_)org>:
But, I don't think we should do that.  We can specify protocol
mechanisms and even header fields as containers, but why not let the
legislators and the ftc do their labels themselves?  After all,
Korea or the EU or Bangladesh may very well have different labels.
I'd much specify a mechanism and let policy people make policy.

As I said in private mail, if that's what you want you should write
the draft that way.  The way it's worded now it looks like you're pushing the
MAPS-UBE definition, which is flawed in part 3.