Re: [Asrg] user-level blacklisting patented

2005-03-16 14:41:45
On 16/03/05 15:30 -0500, James Baldwin wrote:
On 16 Mar 2005, at 14:56, Peter Kay wrote:

We fully recognized (and disclosed) that server-level
white/blacklisting was
prior art. We were purposely explicit in that this is a user-level or
user-controlled black/whitelist process which according to our
research was
nonexistent before Jan 2000.

No mail clients rejected/filtered mail based on address book contents
prior to Jan 2000? Or is that not covered by this patent? I've only
given it a brief perusal in the past 10 minutes plus IANAL.

This is on the MTA, not the MUA.

Devdas Bhagat