Re: [Asrg] user-level blacklisting patented

2005-03-17 13:35:04
On Thursday 17 March 2005 01:31, Peter Kay wrote:

 We take the mail-from/rcpt-to pair to decide whether to return an error
before the DATA command is accepted.

If anybody needs to challenge this, I can provide evidence of both obviousness
and prior art. And when I say obvious, it's obvious like 1 + 1 = 2 is
obvious. I've been using such things since around 1996, and it took me all of
about 2 seconds after starting to do block lists to realise this would be a
useful thing to do.

It's not as if we needed more evidence that a software patent is more likely
to be filed by an ignorant person who only thinks they're being clever than
by a genuinely inventive person.
--
Troy Rollo
asrg(_at_)troy(_dot_)rollo(_dot_)name   Executive Director, iCAUCE