RE: [Asrg] user-level blacklisting patented

2005-03-18 07:35:54
I appreciate everyone's responses and time spent on this thread. My interest
is to have a valuable patent that withstands the tests of prior art and
obviousness, not a bogus claim.

You've raised some good points that we'll be looking into and if relevant,
submitting to the patent office as prior art.  There is no value or honor in
holding on to an invalid claim.

We've reviewed countless anti-spam software, did many, many searches, and
spent nearly a year w/ the Patent office procescuting it's own prior art
claims.  This topic was even brought before this group nearly 2 yrs ago as
shown by the link in this thread's original post and no one brought up the
points that you all did, so we really appreciate it.

I'll report back when I get more info. The intent of my original post was to
put a feather in the cap of the fight against spam and cheer a victory in
company of others pursuing the same goal. While this group's comments get
pretty acrimonious, it is composed of some very bright people and we are
honored by their inputs.

Be back soon.

Peter