RE: [Asrg] user-level blacklisting patented

2005-03-17 19:21:19

If anybody needs to challenge this, I can provide evidence of
both obviousness and prior art.

Are you well versed in patent law? How many previous patents have you
challenged for obviousnes/prior art and won?

And when I say obvious, it's
obvious like 1 + 1 = 2 is obvious. I've been using such
things since around 1996, and it took me all of about 2
seconds after starting to do block lists to realise this
would be a useful thing to do.

You guys are still focusing on server-wide blacklisting which I've said was
prior art.

Our patent gives each end-user their own list that gets applied at the MTA.

Did you back in 2000 have a feature to maintain whitelists for individual
users and then allow those whitelists to be manipulated by a variety of
methods include C/R, outbound mail, or web interfaces specifically on
per-user basis?

If this was so "obvious", then how many products have been created that
employ our claims? As of about a year ago, we couldn't find any.

It's not as if we needed more evidence that a software patent
is more likely to be filed by an ignorant person who only
thinks they're being clever than by a genuinely inventive person.

I was wondering how long it would take before the holier-than-thou spirit of
this list would come through.    I pray you will demonstrate your lack of
patent law ignorance by outlining your experience in this field.