Re: [Asrg] TitanKey Patents

2005-03-30 09:01:18
Peter Kay wrote:

As I've said before, my interest is in having a strong, valid patent.

Then I respectfully submit that this is the wrong forum in which to pursue that interest.

This forum is for discussing how to solve the spam problem. I personally believe that assisting in the patenting of anti-spam techniques is diametrically opposed to that purpose, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

To put it more bluntly: if your business is patenting obvious anti-spam techniques as effectively as possible, then you are part of the problem, not part of the solution, so please go away, or at least stop asking people to assist you.

I also personally believe that if your business is implementing C/R systems then you are part of the problem; but I'm not going to re-hash that debate now. For anyone who's interested, I've been writing a series of posts on my web site summarizing my position on the spam problem, based on what I've learned from this list and elsewhere, and trying to assemble a concise argument for my conclusion that the only viable solution will be some kind of "sender pays".

mathew