Re: [Asrg] Comments on draft-church-dnsbl-harmful-01.txt

2006-03-30 14:57:31

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Justin Mason wrote:

Michael Thomas writes:
Does there not exist something like, oh say, BLreports that
judges you on false positive/false negative, coverage, timeliness,
etc?

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsblAccuracy082005

Can you explain how to read the chart? As I understand it, of the messages identified by the XBL as from a spam source, 100% were classified by Spamassassin as spam, and of the messages Spamassassin thought were OK, 1% were on the XBL list. But I get a fair amount of spam with Spamassassin scores of 4 or less, so it wouldn't be right to call it an error rate of 1%, would it? And what are the other 4 numbers?

Daniel Feenberg

--j.