Re: [Asrg] pre-rfc thought balloon: ESMTP DATAFIRST

2006-06-06 11:16:31

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Peter J. Holzer wrote:

So I think that some extension should be implemented. Like some others I would prefer something based on the LMTP model, though. (But maybe
that's just because I already know LMTP)

What should really be done is new extension with command that replaces
DATA and allows parts of the data to be sent separate (i.e. message header) and allow per-recipient result codes when this new command
is used. I'll ping Hector as he has latest draft on it but it is not
quite what I wanted either.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks