Re: [Asrg] Quarantines and block lists

2007-01-29 10:06:23

On Jan 29, 2007, at 2:50 AM, Gordon wrote:

[comment #1]

<I'm just going to rant>
Your use of digests indicates that you haven't figured out how to use the mail filtering rules within you own mail reader yet you are pushing for user configured spam filtering?!? Try reading the whole post before responding. The answers to your objections are usually in the same post or have already been answered in the same thread. And speaking of threads, I started this thread without references to other threads so my mail reader would collect all the replies together. Your cross posting from other threads is causing the other replies to get commingled with replies to my thread. I've come to the conclusion that digests should be disbanded. You still haven't figured out that to be spam the email must be not just unwanted but UNSOLICITED. If you don't want SPAM™ don't order it, there are other choices on the menu ("the ham, eggs sausage and SPAM doesn't have much SPAM in it"). Yahoogroups is a subscription based service. The email you get from Yahoogroups is what you ordered and is not spam. If you don't like the content you can cancel your subscription or close your forwarder. The email that Yahoo receives addressed to their groups might be spam. It is up to Yahoo to filter out the spam if they want to attract subscribers to their groups. It is not the job of any other mail system to edit what yahoo sends to it's subscribers.
<end of rant>