Re: [Asrg] How about we do something about spam?

2007-01-31 13:00:25

On January 30, 2007 at 23:11 jm(_at_)jmason(_dot_)org (Justin Mason) wrote:

Barry Shein writes:
Put another way, it would be naive to wait for LEOs, policy-makers,
regulators, et al, to discover for themselves how they can help.

For what it's worth, LEOs are certainly attending plenty of conferences
and private get-togethers that cover these points; APWG, London Action
Plan, and probably others, all feature law enforcement.

I'm not surprised there's some interest, but that's not quite the same
as trying to generate the thrust for an Operation Asimov: Kill the
misbehaving zombie robots and bust their human masters.

That takes money, resources, and drive at a high level, as we've seen
US Atty Genl Gonzales' office internet child porn initiatives.

Some confirmation from respected sources might help.

--
        -Barry Shein

The World              | bzs(_at_)TheWorld(_dot_)com           |
http://www.TheWorld.com
Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Login: Nationwide