Re: [Asrg] New draft draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-01.txt

2008-03-30 12:42:16
On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 11:58 PM, Chris Lewis
 > What is the meaning of IP?  Several complained about the initial
 > test.  However, these small open proxy and open relay lists provide
 > valid reasons NOT to expire listings automatically and require
 > additional testing.

 My experience has been that if you use a open proxy or open relay list
 that don't retest starts yielding significantly higher FPs as the age of
 the entry increases.

I agree. I created the MAPS RSS, and even I know its "never delist
until asked" policy is problematic. Today, if it were up to me, I
would auto-expire listings. I think we need to be careful to not let
this documentation be limited by a need to justify MAPS' current
policy where it may differ from best practice.

Regards,
Al Iverson(sm)

--
Al Iverson on Spam and Deliverability, see http://www.spamresource.com