Re: [Asrg] Email Postage (was Re: FeedBack loops)

2008-11-17 22:14:55
Barry Shein <bzs(_at_)world(_dot_)std(_dot_)com> wrote:

Anyhow, again, based on that logic Amazon oughta start offering free
shipping for all orders and just print their own US postage stamps!

Whaddya think? Is it the trouble to do that which stops them? Or the
fear of getting caught?

You do realize that it's a felony to counterfeit postage stamps.  It's
at most a violation of contract to re-use e-postage, and Amazon
probably has bigger lawyers.

Spammers? Sure, they can try.

They can buy a stamp and keep on re-using it.

I'm having trouble imagining any scheme I've ever seen or likely
will see which could possibly stand up to these sort of objections
of bottomless rootkitting,

Real estimates are in the tens of millions of zombies.

trivial cracking of all cryptographic techniques, unbridled willful
crime and fraud by multi-billion dollar corporations...

You're the one who introduced Amazon.  The rest of us are talking
about Joe Spammer from Estonia.

Seth