Re: [Asrg] Email Postage (was Re: FeedBack loops)

2008-11-17 19:28:08
You know that double spending problem I keep whining about?  It kills
this model dead at any interesting message volume.  Nice try, though.

Anyhow, again, based on that logic Amazon oughta start offering free
shipping for all orders and just print their own US postage stamps!

Whaddya think? Is it the trouble to do that which stops them? Or the
fear of getting caught?

Both, I expect.  Oh, and Amazon does print its own postage stamps.

On the other hand, I would think it was painfully obvious to anyone
who thought about it for a few minutes that if spam were all sent by
large easily identifiable organizations such as Amazon, it would be a
lot easier to deal with.

So what could trying to think of a new approach possibly distract
from?

New approaches would be great.  Recycling old ideas that are known not
to work and telling people to do something different when they point
that out, yet never having anything different to suggest is not so
great.

R's,
John