Re: [Asrg] Email Postage (was Re: FeedBack loops)

2008-11-21 12:59:40
Goodmail CertifiedMail(TM) is [...]
Yes, and Goodmail is patented, which means that any open scheme that
has a similar effect would have to pass a patent challenge.

Or, if - as seems likely - it is patented in only some jurisdictions,
it can be used by the rest of the world freely, with jursidctions
allowing it to be patented just having to live with the consequences of
their antisocial intellecual property actions.  (Yes, I believe that
such patents are antisocial.  I'll be happy to blather about my various
intellectual property stances offlist if anyone wants.)

Why does everyone seem to think "patented" is a
jurisdiction-independent state?  People just say "patented" - and on a
fairly specifically cross-jurisdictional list! - as if it were
something that were the same everywhere.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse(_at_)rodents-montreal(_dot_)org