Re: [Asrg] A paper/project worth considering (found it!)

2008-12-03 11:25:35
On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 12:20:00PM -0000, John Levine wrote:
In article <20081203014540(_dot_)GA7266(_at_)gsp(_dot_)org> you write:
        Credence
        http://www.cs.cornell.edu/People/egs/credence/

I've added an Interesting Papers page to the ASRG wiki for papers
mentioned on the list.  Feel free to get a password and add other
interesting papers relevant to spam even if they're not mentioned
on the list.

http://wiki.asrg.sp.am

I see that there is a link to CEAS. One of the papers caught my eye,
http://ceas.cc/2008/papers/ceas2008-paper-33.pdf. Since credence is a
reputation system and Repuscore is too (what the ceas paper is talking
about), and at the risk of beating the subject to death, I'd like to
focus on the attributes of a reputation system and why folks think
these attributes are important.

For instance, in the CEAS paper, they modified the calculation for
reputation to include volume (yet the outcome was the same as far as I
could tell) and the desire to have reputation be slowly gained yet to
be able to fall quickly.

--
Jeff Macdonald
jmacdonald(_at_)e-dialog(_dot_)com