Re: [Asrg] A paper/project worth considering (found it!)

2008-12-15 19:49:23

On Dec 15, 2008, at 10:59 AM, Chris Lewis wrote:

Right: corporate, inbound, cross-the-board.

Ah, OK. I'd crossed my threads, I think.

That in no way prevents an ISP (or corporate) choosing to allow users to
set policy for themselves.

Few ISPs or corporates would be crazy enough to allow their users to
diddle the server-level knobs directly.  That is what I think Rich was
speaking to, and what I was.

Many do allow individual recipients to affect mail delivery
decisions, both for that recipient and more generally. Similar to the
way ISPs do. Particularly the ones who are relying on appliances
or services.

Because if you do, bad things happen.

Yup.

Though less bad things than relying on third parties to set the
policies in some cases. :)

Cheers,
  Steve