Re: [Asrg] A paper/project worth considering (found it!)

2008-12-15 12:09:01
Alessandro Vesely wrote:
In general, the reliance of a reputation system is not an objective
datum. I'd invite ESPs to let users choose which authorities they wish
to trust. It is part of the anti-spam policy, which is different from
the firewall policy: _their_ mail, _my_ server.
   Are you delivering 100% of the email destined for them?  Or are you
treating the e-mail
  as  __my_network_asset__ before delivery?   Other than RBL's, what
other choices do you
  allow your users to tune? SMTP EHLO's ?  Where does being responsive
to your users end,
  and protecting your network begin?  If they choose not to use RBL's,
do they still complain
  about the level of spam? If so, what do you do when they complain?