Re: [Asrg] differential confidence

2008-12-04 15:24:14

Chris Lewis wrote:
Dave CROCKER wrote:
Chris Lewis wrote:
  Each of the numbers is
scaled differently in a computation something like this:

if (((complaints * cf + contentblocked * bf + trap * tf) / non-blocked)
1) {
But you don't cite any of the "good" attributes, nevermind scaling factors, per your reference to good/bad.

Not quite - the counts in the numerator are "bads" and in the
denominator the "goods".  Each of the counts have scaling factors
(normalized so that "passed through"'s scaling factor is 1).

damn. apologies.  I missed the right-most part of the equation.

now that I'm seeing it, where is the factor for it (non-blocked * nbf)?

I don't look at them as confidence indicators, but rather as scaling
factors to derive some sort of notion of "what's the probability of a
given email from this IP being spam?".

right. and i did see the difference in a 'factor' vs. a 'confidence' but skipped past that, since both are about determining an amount to discount the value.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking