Re: [Asrg] virus detectors, was where the message originated

2009-01-14 11:01:09
At 04:01 14-01-2009, John Levine wrote:
When I catch a virus and the sending IP is one for whom I have a known
contact address, I send off an autoreport with the first 50 lines of
the virus (in case they're wondering what virus it is), and the first

[snip]

Nonetheless, I have problems all the time with my reports being
rejected by poorly written virus filters.  In one case they've been
adding me to a virus sending blacklist, telling me that even though
they know I'm not sending viruses, their AV detects it so it must be
my fault.  Sheesh.

You also get that kind of reply (if detectors says so, then it must be true) about spam.