Re: [Asrg] Adding a spam button to MUAs

2010-01-27 09:44:20
On 27/Jan/10 15:59, Ian Eiloart wrote:
--On 27 January 2010 07:47:27 -0500 Rich Kulawiec <rsk(_at_)gsp(_dot_)org>
wrote:
[1] It might not be unreasonable to permit them the privilege of flagging
something for review by someone equipped with appropriate expertise,
although that has privacy implications that I'm not entirely comfortable
with.

Well, flagging is all we're talking about. The review mechanism could be
at least partially automated. You're right to flag privacy as an issue,
but it's already an issue given that there are already widely deployed
mechanisms for end users to flag mail as junk.

TIS buttons should clearly convey this point: the message being flagged and _disclosed_ is perceived as abusive and unwanted, the sender is unknown to the recipient/reporter, and he or she delegates the community at large to take whatever action they may deem appropriate. No privacy issues beyond that point, except for possibly redacting the reporter's address.

What this thread is about is the creation of standards to support those
implementations, if I remember well.

Yes, but considerations on how to further route and munch those complaints are also interesting.