[Asrg] Getting group consensus on draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists

2011-03-01 14:28:08
Now that the kerfuffle seems to have died down, I'd like to see if we have group rough consensus (which does not mean perfect unanimity) on the BL best practices overview. Please read through it and say whether you think it's OK, or if not, what specific language to change.

Keep in mind that this is an overview of actual practices of well run BLs (that's the C in BCP), so if you think we should change something, it would be helpful to identify a well-run BL whose practices support the proposed change. Hence it would be completely unhelpful to say "I don't run a BL but if I did I would do X."

It is also not very helpful to say "BL X, which 12 people use, does Y" since there are vast numbers of obscure BLs with totally wacky practices.

Here's the current draft:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
Dummies",