Re: [Asrg] Getting group consensus on draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists

2011-03-01 21:11:00
Neil Schwartzman <neil(_at_)cauce(_dot_)org> wrote:

and something those that benefit from the service should pay for,

As a receiver, I benefit from a whitelisting service, otherwise I
wouldn't bother to use it.  For me, the sender benefits less: I'd
accept good mail anyway, the whitelisting just makes it easier.

So should I have to pay to use a whitelisting service?

Suppose there were a perfect reputation service, that provided
information from "ESP outgoing for confirmed opt-in" through
"trojanned PC, emits only spam" and everything in between ("ISP
outgoing, cancels/blocks spamming customers immediately", etc.).

Clearly that's valuable to a recipient.  It's also valuable to the
high-ranked emitters; so, who "should" pay?

Seth