Re: [ietf-dkim] Change the SSP o= to use words, break out 3rd party?

2005-11-08 12:48:12

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Allman" <eric+dkim(_at_)sendmail(_dot_)org>
To: "IETF DKIM WG" <ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org>

There has been some resistance at the IETF about using English words
in protocols.  I don't know if that will be an issue here, but it's
worth keeping in mind.

As it turns out, some set of us discussed the idea of breaking the
policy into two or more axes just yesterday over beer.

It is said, the father of quantum mechanics did his best as a lush
formulating his famous equation on a jail wall. <g>

I think that's a great idea.  Unlike the key records, there shouldn't be
any
serious record length issues with policy records.

I don't see a problem with a split other than open up a new set of OA/3PS
policy combination threats to be analyzed on the negative side. On the
positive side, the additional OA/3PS combination policies, may help address
restrictive OA policies.