Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Change the SSP o= to use words, break out 3rd party?

2005-11-09 09:10:32
In <009e01c5e50f$8448c980$6401a8c0(_at_)hdev1> "Hector Santos"
<hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com> writes:

From: "wayne" <wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net>

Personally, I really don't much like the "WEAK", "EXCLUSIVE",
"STRONG", etc. mnemonics.  I guess they try to describe the quality of
the policy, rather than decribe the function that they create.

With the exception of NONE, EXCLUSIVE, NEUTRAL and USER, I agree that WEAK
and STRONG need qualification (explanation) during a conversation or
reading. "What do you mean by STRONG or WEAK?"

I think "EXCLUSIVE" and "NEUTRAL" are also unclear.  Exclusive to
what?  Is "NEUTRAL" neutral to the same thing that "EXCLUSIVE" is
exclusive to?  Are these in any way related to "NONE" and "USER"?
Yeah, these are all rhetorical questions for me, but probably not for
new users of DKIM.

Someone mentioned the t= testing flag as not being very useful.  I
tend to agree.  I'm not sure what the effective difference between t=y
and o=~ is supposed to mean.  I guess I'm also confused about the why
there is a t=y flag in both the base and ssp parts of DKIM.

-wayne