Re: [ietf-dkim] New Issue: Base: Upgrade indication and protection against downgrade attacks

2006-02-16 10:38:36
On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 08:20:57AM -0800, Dave Crocker allegedly wrote:

I keep coming back to the very limited goal of DKIM and wondering whether the
concern about a downgrade attack isn't just a little too esoteric for that
goal.

It happens that it also solves the agility requirement too. So even if
you're skeptical of downgrade attacks being relevant, we are hoping -
I presume - that DKIM will live for longer than the current set of
anointed algorithms and that we do need a way to transition that
doesn't require a forklift.

Mark.
http://dkim.org/ietf-list-rules.html