[ietf-dkim] agenda item on upgrading hash algorithms?

2006-02-20 20:47:42
I don't like being a guinea pig, but that's what it feels like with the
discussions on how to go about upgrading algorithms. I don't think we
know enough yet to even know how to begin. This is a problem that a
variety of protocols are going to go through, so we are *not* alone (and
*shouldn't* be alone) in trying to figure out how to do it.

Could we invite people in from SAAG to form a design team, investigate
the problem, then come in and tell us how to go about doing it, or at
least to give us some ideas? I know we don't usually do presentations at
WG meetings, but this topic might be worthy of one. So I'm suggesting
that we put "how to go about upgrading the hash algorithm" on the agenda
for the IETF meeting.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com
http://dkim.org/ietf-list-rules.html