Re: [ietf-dkim] Draft DKIM agenda for Dallas.

2006-02-21 10:29:55

The main idea is to only discuss threats and base in the first session.
Therefore any SSP related issues, presentations, proposals etc are for
the 2nd session.

Sounds good.

session 1

1. agenda bashing (chairs, 5)
2. threats (Fenton, 40)
    - discuss and close (modulo list ok) all remaining issues
3. AOB related to threats (?, 10)
4. base (Allman, 50)
    - discuss each open issue
5. AOB related to base (?, 15)

session 2

6. agenda bash (chairs, 5)
7. SSP (Allman, 20)
    - open issues and options
8. AOB related to SSP (?, 15)
9. AOB generally (?, 20)

AOB mean Any Other Business?

So the allocations for Fenton on Threats and Allman on Base are supposed to be about direct discussion intended to close open issues, rather than tutorial or explanation work?

If so, the allocation for the first session sounds great. It nicely focuses on the priority of our initial deliverables and nicely presumes that those participating are already well-versed in the details of the documents.

One thought:

I suggest is that we consider agreeing -- before the meeting -- that the agenda of the second session depends entirely upon completion of the first session's tasks.

That is, I suggest that we strictly adhere to the first session's schedule, even if -- for example -- it means terminating the Threats discussion before we have closed everything. And then the first priority of the second session is to continue anything pending from the first session, until the first session topics are completed. And *then* we can move to SSP.

This might seem entirely obvious and/or picking at too much detail and/or like something to wait and see, and perhaps consider during the session.

However I think the vagaries of the ietf-dkim group make it worth agreeing our agreeing about this prioritization beforehand. That way we needn't spend time debating it during either session.

Given our tendency to slip into SSP discussion, the more clear we are that we need to finish Threats and Core, first, the better.

d/

--

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking