Re: [ietf-dkim] ABNF: Sender = Originator / Operator

2006-03-10 09:33:22
On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 07:50:15AM -0800, Dave Crocker wrote:
ps. To the extent that folks decide we do need a special term for the first
Operator, the word Originator will be confusing, given a) it's history, and
b) it's likely intuitive meaning to folks.  If you ask a random person who
the Originator of a message is, I suspect they will refer to the author.

That may be, but I'm with Bill on this one. As an ESP, the client is
the author, we are just the publishers. However, if we just talking
mail streams and not content, then I like your original model of
Originator and Operator.

--
:: Jeff Macdonald | Principal Engineer, Messaging Technologies
:: e-Dialog | jmacdonald(_at_)e-dialog(_dot_)com