Re: [ietf-dkim] ABNF: Sender = Originator / Operator

2006-03-10 10:46:47
If this is an exercise for some presentation you are making, I would pay
more attention to it if you were on par with current understanding and
terminologies as it applies to broader mail content methods and within
current US laws as a based model [1]:

    Content Provider
    Content Publisher

Since 1986, per US EPCA, the publisher was 100% responsible for the
integrity of the content made by the provider.

Since 2000, the publisher is still responsible but he is no longer liable
for the original integrity of the content. He has more editorial power much
like a hard paper editor.

This has direct effect on the original common Online Hosting Definitions:

    AUTHOR
    OPERATOR

And an indirect effect with transport systems, if any, per RFC definition:

    ORIGINATOR
    SENDER

There you go, all three spectrums.

[1] US laws is what we understand here. Therefore go with it.